Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Second Liebster Award!


What so funny about my second Liebster Award is I was nominated by someone who got the same nomination with me on my first Liebster Award. Ummm did you get it? Sorry, bad english of mine. So here's the case. Divya from Nails Jazzed Up, who nominated me on my first Liebster Award, also nominated Jaclyn from Aisuru Nails. And after that Jaclyn nominated me! Lol isn't that interesting? How lucky I am!



So here's the rules of Liebster Award (copied from Jaclyn's post, slightly different from the one on Divya's post):
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
8. Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

First I'd like to say "Thanks a lot Jaclyn!!" then hug her for nominating me. I really appreciate it :D For those who don't know her blog yet, you're missing a good one.

Here's my answer to Jaclyn's questions!

1. Why did you start your blog and what is the meaning behind your blog name?
It's just simply because I need something to share my manicure I've done so I won't have any dilemma about scrapping off my old design then paint a new one or just leave them for few more days and show them to my family or friends. And that "something" is a blog! Why Vic and Her Nails? Because my blog is all about me and my nails. Honestly I thought of changing my blog name so many times with a fancier name like Mani-Vic, or Nail Envic (which is now my board name on Pinterest), or Mani Cures, but then I think "Naaah, I'll leave it like that!"

2. What is your go to mani when you realize that you're going to be very busy the next few days and you can't do your nails?
Glitter or textured! Because they last longer and I don't really have to worry about the "smooth surface".

3. What nail treatments have worked for you and haven't worked for you?
So far the nail treatment products I've tried all worked for me. But I only have tried Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener to strengthen my nails and The Odbo Nail Balm. Oh right, the Revlon Professional Grow 10 didn't really work for me --"

4. If you can remember what was your first polish and what is your favorite polish?
The very first polish I bought was OPI Navy Shatter and I was so stupid back then. I had no base coat, no polishes for the base color, and that made my shatter polish useless! I just didn't understand yet that shatter polish should be applied over a layer of base coat or base color! And my favorite polish is... may I use "My favorite polishes are"? Well, okay, for the time being, I'd say it's my Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Cherry Red.

5. What nail techniques haven't you tried yet that you are waiting to try?
One-stroke!! I really need to try this beautiful technique! But it always intimidates me whenever I'm thinking about doing that --"

6. What advice would you give to new bloggers who are about to start on their adventure or those who have already started?
Keep posting!! The more regular, the better! Don't get discouraged when your follower number grows slowly (like mine :p) because all things need process. It won't be a hundred in one night. And keep learning to improve the quality of your blog. Like how to capture a good picture, how to get a clean and neat manicure, how to this and how to that. Oh, and no spamming! Lol

7. What is your favorite type of polish? (ie. holo, glitter, creme, jelly, etc)
Matte!! And duochrome I think, but I don't have any of it yet :(

8. Who/what inspires you?
I assume it's about nail design. So many things inspired me in creating nail designs. They can be clothes, some random wallpapers, a movie, a book, from Instagram and Pinterest, etc.

9. Which nail artist do you look up to?
A lot! Chalkboard Nails, Chitchat NailsCraftynail, Brijits DigitsLucy's Stash, Will Paint Nails for FoodFollow Gashin, and loads more!

10. What other hobbies do you have besides nail polish?
I really love knitting! It just feels really great to be able to make something nice and wearable only from a pair of knitting needles and yarns.

11. Who is your role model that you've looked up to since you were little?
Definitely my mom! She's a great mom, a great wife, a great cook (she's not a chef but certainly better than any chef in this world LOL), she's just... awesome! I really can't imagine my life without her (the reason I'm afraid of growing up!)

Random facts about myself:

1. I used to be an awful nail bitter! I never had my nails longer than 1 millimeter as I'd chew them all right away!

2. I used to hate (yeah, HATE!) nail polish because it smells horrible for me. Now, let me combine the first and second point. Nail polish cured my nail biting habit. Yup, I applied it on my nails to prevent me from chewing them all (I even didn't want to get my nails near my face!) But as time passed, I started to fall in love with nail polish and being tolerant to their smell.

3. Whenever I hear someone near me farts or burps, I spontaneusly take a deep breath right away. I just wanna catch the oxygen as much as I can take before it got polluted by the smell (I did it secretly so he or her doesn't feel offended. Am I being too nice?)

4. I hate cigarette smoke! Too bad lots of Indonesian people really love to smoke anywhere and anytime. It's killing me and my nose! When I'm in a restaurant, if someone near my table start to smoke I'd rather take my plate and glass and move to another table. Yeah, call my nose Miss Sensitive!

5. For those who don't know yet, I really really LOVE Sherlock Holmes! Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was such a genius writer for creating him! I mean, how could he think about those awesome cases and mind blowing deductions!

6. I really love puzzles! Games, movies, books, anything! That's why I'm addicted to Sherlock Holmes! And Detective Conan (a.k.a. Case Closed) too!

7. When I was a kid (around 6 years old I think), I hit one of my rabbit teeth (the left one) to the floor until it got a little chipped! Wait, floor? Yup, I fell from a chair with my face first. What so funny is it didn't hurt! I didn't even cry! And that poor tooth is still the same until now. I don't intend to fix it. It's like a horrible cute trademark when I smile or talk! LOL

8. I love kids animation movies! That's why I take animation as my major.

9. For now, I only have 70 polishes in my stash, including the mini bottles. Lol, trust me! I'm not a big spender so I think it will grow slowly :p

10. My Indonesian name is Victoria Stephanie Oentoeng and my Chinese name is Oen Han Mei or Wen () Han Mei in Mandarin pronunciation.
Wen is the Pinyin romanisation shared by several different Chinese surnames, including 文 (Wén), 温 (Wēn) (Hey that's mine! :D), 闻 (Wén), and 问 (Wèn). 
温 (Wēn) is one of the most beautiful Chinese surnames, which means mild and warm in Chinese. This word is often used to describe the glories of jade (especially white jade) in Chinese traditional culture, and Chinese people like to compare well-educated ladies and gentleman to white jade, which is very rare in China. (Wow, I barely know that the meaning of my surname is so beautiful!)
Source: Wikipedia
Some of Chinese Indonesians, like my family, combine their Chinese family name and Indonesian family name (ie. Han being Handoyo or Handoko, Tan being Tanadi, etc). But for this blog, I use Victoria Oen as my name just to make it short.

11. I have a small heart-shapped birthmark on the back of my right leg behind the knee and my boyfriend was the first person who realized that :p
 (Does it actually need a watermark? Lol)
Oopsy, naked nails!!

I'd love to nominate:

Now, here's my questions for you all!

1. Who or what drowned you in nail blogging?
2. If you had to choose between neon or pastel to be used for the whole year, what will you choose?
3. What's your most used nail art technique?
4. What was the very first nail polish you bought?
5. If you were prohibited to buy more nail polishes and only have one last chance to buy one bottle of nail polish (I know it's hard but yes, just one!), what would it be?
6. Big city with tall buildings and high-tech life, or small village with farms and green forest? (And both of them have same nail art stores and internet connection LOL)
7. What's your I-can't-resist-even-when-I'm-full food or snack?
8. If you had a time machine to travel to the past and future, what year would you like to be in?
9. A movie or series?
10. If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
11. If you're an ice cream, what kind of ice cream are you?

Oooh can't wait to read their responses!

Well, that's it! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it :D
Have a great day everyone!

*achooo
God bless you

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Your responses are so full of life and made me smile hahas you and I are very much alike! (: Thank you for answering my questions and congrats on me nominating you for the second time xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, and thanks for your kindness hun *hug* :D
      Aaaw sounds really great! So glad they could make you smile :) Since I read your Liebster Award post few days ago (or a week ago? not sure) I knew that yes we are so much alike, babe!! Really glad to know that! I think we're gonna be a good online friends here XD

      Delete
  2. funny answers! especially about getting a big breath of oxygen ASAP! lololol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOL great strategy no? I need that "pure" oxygen so I could hold my breath until all the smell gone LOL! Yeah right I have a very sensitive nose :p

      Delete